1. Ten disks are numbered from 1 to 10 and placed in a bag. If disks are randomly drawn from the bag, what is the probability that:
a. The number on the disk is even?
b. The number of the disk is a multiple of 3?
c. The number on the disk is an odd number and a multiple of 5?
d. The number on the disk is an even number or a multiple of 5?
2. A bag contains 6 white balls and 4 red balls. A student takes a ball from the bag.
What is the probability that the ball is:
3. A bag contains 40 marbles, 25 blue ones, 10 green ones and 5 red ones. What is the probability of not picking out a red marble?
4. If a letter is taken at random from the word STATISTICS what is the probability that:
a. it is a vowel?b. it is not a vowel?c. it is a T?
5. On throwing a six-sided fair die, what is the probability of throwing:
a. A number less than 5?b. A number more than 6?c. A prime number?
6. If a number is chosen at random from the numbers from 1 to 40 inclusive, what is the probability that a prime number will be chosen?
7. Two dice are thrown. what is the probability that the total will be:
a. Odd?b. 8?c. Less than 7
8. In a car park there are 200 vehicles. 150 are cars, 30 are lorries and 20 are buses. If they are all equally likely to leave, what is the probability that:
a. A bus will be the first to leave?b. A car will not be last to leave?