1. Which instruments might you need to draw the following. Choose your answers from: ruler, protractor, set square, compasses.
a. A line 6.2 centimetres long joining two points A and B.
b. A circle of radius 4 cm.
c. Two parallel lines.
d. A triangle with angles of 53o and 62o
2. Use the diagram to identify the following.
a. Name three points that are on the same line.
3. Use your ruler and compasses or set square to draw a triangle with sides of 4.5 cm, 7.2 cm and 5.6 cm.
4. Use your ruler and protractor to draw a triangle with angles of 67o and 48o and sides of length below 10 cm.
5. Use your ruler and set square or protractor to draw an equilateral triangle with a side of length 5 cm.
6, Use your ruler and set square or protractor to draw a rectangle with sides of 8.4 cm and 4.8 cm. Then draw the diagonal and measure its length. Give the answer to the nearest millimetre.
7. Draw a triangle with no sides greater than 10 cm and use your protractor to measure each of the inside angles. What do the sizes of the three angles inside the triangle add up to?
8. Draw a circle of radius 5 cm and draw 6 arcs of length 5 cm around the circumference. Comment on the results
9. Use a ruler and a set square, or a protractor, to draw a parallelogram with inside angles of 60oand 120o.
10. Use a ruler and a set square, or a protractor, to draw a right-angled isosceles triangle with equal sides of length 7.5 cm. Use a ruler to measure the length of the longest side. Give your measurement to the nearest millimetre.