|1||a. c||b. r||c. y|
|2||a. a = 11.4||b. b = 15.5||c. c = 7.11|
|d. d = 17.3||e. e = 180||f. f = 10.2|
|3||a. It is right-angled.||b. It is not right-angled.||c. It is right-angled.|
4. The ladder would reach 12.23m up the wall.
5. The diagonal of the slab is 22 metres long.
6. Yes, he should be happy. The two short sides squared is 8.5293 and the square of the hypotenuse is 8.5264. Not much difference!
7. One post is 3.29 m higher than the other.
8. The slant height of the cone is 6.7 cm (to 2 sig. fig.)
9. The diagonal of the rugby field is 145 metres.
10. The two cars would be 51.3 km apart after half an hour.