1. What is the difference between a column and a row in a spreadsheet?
A column is a VERTICAL line of cells and a row is a HORIZONTAL line of cells.
Columns are labelled with letters, A, B, C... and rows are labelled with numbers 1, 2, 3,...
2. How do you do powers or indices on a calculator?
Some calculators use a xy button and some use the "^" key similar to the one used on a spreadsheet.
3. How can you find the average (mean)on a spreadsheet?
There are two ways:
1. Use a function, =average(A1..A6). This would find the average of the six numbers in the first column.
2. Use a formula =(A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6)/6.
Both ways would find the average (mean).