Find the value of the variables in the following triangles. Round answers to 2 significant figures.
Draw triangles for each of the questions below.
10. A ladder is 10 metres long and is placed up against a building. The bottom of the ladder is 2.5 metres from the bottom of the building. What angle does the ladder make with the ground?
11. A Tower block is 350 metres high. The angle of depression from the top of the tower to a building on the ground is 21¼. How far is the building from the Tower block?
13. A kite is flying with 55 metres of string. The string makes an angle of 41° with the ground. How high above the ground iss the kite?
14. Find the three angles of an isosceles triangle with sides of lengths 8 cm, 8 cm and 6 cm.
15. A rugby post casts a shadow 45 metres long. The angle of elevation from the tip of the shadow to the top of the post is 38°.